Friends House Concerts Welcomes Singer-Songwriter Peter Mulvey To Town
We’re going to keep it short and sweet this week, but we would be remiss if we did not remind you that Wisconsin singer-songwriter Peter Mulvey will be playing an intimate Friends House Concert in Colorado Springs this coming Saturday night, just in time for the Spring equinox.
And, Peter will be joined by opening act Megan Burtt from Denver, who has won songwriting competitions at both the Rocky Mountain Folks Fest and the Kerrville Folk Fest in 2011. There are still a few seats left – reservations are required so make yours today. In the meantime, here is a video of Peter performing his song “Shirt” in the Netherlands last year.
And now, briefly, our picks for the other Top 10 shows of the coming week:
1. John Hammond & Charlie Musselwhite, Pikes Peak Center, Sat March 21 (8 pm, $30.50).
2. Hey Marseilles, Ivywild School, Tues March 24 (8 p, $12 adv, $15 day of show).
3. The Show Ponies with Garrett Olson, Jives Coffee Lounge 2 (University Village), Wed March 18 (7:30 pm, free).
4. Sugarfoot with Sergio Schaeffer & Tune Farmers, Cowboy Church of Peyton, Fri March 20 (7 pm, $3 Buffalo Grass Acoustic Society members, $5 general public, kids 16 and under free).
5. Evergreen Grass Band, Front Range Barbeque, Fri March 20 (7:30 pm, free).
6. Holy Ghost Tent Revival, Songbird Cafe and Music Hall (Beulah), Sat March 21 (7 pm, $10).
7. Anthony Ruptak, Kinfolks (Manitou Springs), Sat March 21 (8 pm, free).
8. The Howlin’ Brothers, Wildwood Sounds (Del Norte), Wed March 25 (7 pm, $16).
9. Smith House with Pete Henderson, The Gold Room, Fri March 20 (8 pm, free).
10. Woodshed Red, Townhouse Lounge (Manitou Springs), Fri March 20 (9 pm, free).
Please check with the venues before heading to a show to make sure no details have changed.
Steve Harris, Executive Director